SANGOPITA means Personalized, Passionate, Parental Upbringing It is indeed very
difficult for the parents of these special children (C.P./Multi Handicapped / Slow
Learner / Autistic) to impart proper care and medical attention from time to time.
A family with a challenged child itself becomes challenged. Mr. & Mrs. Ravindra
Sugwekar, the founder members, and other trustees of Sangopita are parents/related
to such special children and for years have experienced the difficulties encountered
incurring such special children.
SANGOPITA - What, How, Why & for Whome
“Sangopita” a word derived from a Sanskrit word “Sangopan” stands for upbringing of Children, traditionally entrusted to Parents or Guardian who protect their child and nurture them to lead a healthy & Sound life. It is a great challenge for any institution to accept such a Hugh Task.
Sangopita is an NGO which offers a ray of hope to 62 number of agonized parents who are endowed with special children who are mentally challenged i.e. suffering from Autism, Down syndrome and Cerebral Palsy etc.
- Sangopita was started by such parents of a disabled child with the help of other parents suffering similarly.
- Sangopita not only takes care of these children, but also provides necessary medical aid, Special Education and most of all, the Affection and Love they deserve.
- Sangopita strives for the development of such children who are above 4years of age.
- Sangopita disproves the general notion that these children can not progress.
- Sangopita is situated in a small village sheltered by scenic natural surrounding, which provides fresh air as well as pollution free environment.
- The most important feature of Sangopita is that it is run without any link or help from any government, religious or political agency.